SHELBY COUNTY CO-OP offers residential, commercial and agricultural propane delivery and services in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. Your safety is our #1 priority, that is why our drivers and technicians are certified and trained to ensure your system is safe. We have 24-hour emergency services, gas check procedures and a high standard for quality control. We strive to deliver high quality, friendly services in a timely manner. To better serve our customers we have multiple bulk tanks located in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. Indiana operations are located in Shelbyville, Bloomington, Central Barren, and Underwood. Kentucky operations are located in Ekron and Shepherdsville. Ohio operations location is Ft. Recovery.
We have the option for you to lease or purchase a tank from us. Depending on availability and whether you lease or purchase, you can choose between a 500 or 1,000 gallon tank size in above or underground options.
Contact us for pricing and information.
Keeping you safe is our number one priority. That is why all new customers receive a free safety inspection before their first fill. There are a number of steps we take during this inspection to ensure the system is safe.
Spend less time worrying about your propane percentage. With our Auto-Fill Program our system will calculate when your driver should deliver. We use previous usage and the weather to forecast when your tank is starting to run low, usually 20%.
As a call-in customer you will call our office when your tank is reading 20-30%. This will allow our drivers to make your delivery before your tank runs empty.
Don’t want a large bill all at once? Our budget program will give you the relief of spreading your propane costs over a 10-month period. Contracts are available in June for our Budget Billing; just call our office and we will send one to you. Once you sign up for this option your summer and winter rates will be locked in and you’ll be
automatically enrolled in our
Fill your tank during a time where propane prices are traditionally their lowest. Once SHELBY COUNTY CO-OP fills your tank during this time you are able to lock-in your winter rate!
Don’t take the chance of paying market rate for your winter propane deliveries when you can lock-in your winter rate. When you lock-in your rate, you will choose how many gallons you want to lock-in so you know what your winter propane costs will be. (Summer fill from SHELBY COUNTY CO-OP is required to be able to lock-in your winter rate.)
• Propane or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG or LP) is primarily a byproduct of natural gas processing and some propane is produced from crude oil refinement. Most of the propane supply is generated in the United States. It is highly flammable, colorless and virtually odorless. In fact, an odor is added to propane to help detect in case of a leak.
• It has many uses but the most commonly known is its use in home appliances. Businesses use propane for some of the same reasons plus to fuel their forklifts. Agricultural businesses use propane to fuel equipment, dry crops and power irrigation systems. There are so many other uses for this versatile fossil fuel.
• Clean – Propane is an EPA-certified alternative clean energy. It is non-toxic, meaning it is not harmful to soil or water.
• Abundant – Since America is the leading producer of propane, we have more than enough in our backyard to meet demand.
• Efficient – When compared to other fuels, propane delivers more BTUs for your dollar.